The symbolic Vice-Admiralty oar of the Cape of Good Hope is a rare George III oar, with cylindrical shaft, two moulded knobs, larger detachable terminal button and flat blade. It is engraved with the Royal Arms, with eagle and thunderbolt of Zeus, with fouled anchor within a wreath, two dolphins intertwined on crossed tridents and a medallion head of George III within an oak leaf wreath. The oar is 84 cm long and weighs about one kilogram. It is manufactured by William Frisbee in 1806.
This symbolic silver oar is presently housed in the S.A. Cultural History Museum at 49 Adderley Street, Cape Town.