Overview
Identifiers
Record Administration
Archaeology
Archaeology Recordings
Identifiers
Pagination
- Current page 1
- Next page
Structures
Built Environment Recordings
Identifiers
Classifications
Archive Import
Bibliography archive: Vivier, W G H & Vivier, S (1969) Hooyvlakte, pp 18-23
Use Period | Use | |
---|---|---|
Location
Location
- Central Karoo
- Beaufort West
Address:
87 Donkin Street
Beaufort West
Gradings
Grading
archiveimport Grading by: National Monuments Council
This building is the first Town Hall of the first Municipality in the Republic and was built in 1865-1866 by James Bisset. Accommodated town council, public library, post office, police station. Now part of Beaufort West Museum, it houses heart transplant exhibits & Chris Barnard memorabilia. Belfry by G Deas & clock added later.
Declarations
Declaration
Certain piece of land. including the buildings thereon, situate in the village of Beaufort, on the corner of Donkin and Church Streets, being the remaining extent of a portion of Erf No. 14. granted to Alexander Cormack on 1st t May. 1847 (now known as the remainder of Erf No. 585, Beaufort West). Measuring (as such): 54 square roods 66.62 square feet. (Diagram No. 2464/1859. dated 3rd November, 1859.)